Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Final Project Proposal

I would like to continue developing my Astronaut story and complete it as a proper animated short film.

I will be adding more of a beginning to the story to better establish why this guy is on the moon and what he may be doing up there. And maybe I'll add low oxygen levels to add a sense of urgency to his getting back to the ship.

I'm not sure where the story will go quite yet. But the duck will be helping the astronaut to help himself for the rest of his journey. Showing him perhaps logical way to solve his problems that may have been so subtle that they were overlooked.

I'd like to have a nice elegant sound design to the piece and better establish a mood or atmosphere. I do still want it to have a comedy aspect to it, but I also want it to be an exciting ride where we're rooting for the guy.


As a side project I also have been wanting to plan a body of really nice cinemagraphs and perhaps figure out how to exhibit them.

7 comments:

  1. This astronaut and duck story is really interesting to me. I would love to see where it goes. I think I need a little more to go on though, like a little more detail of what's going to happen. Maybe writing a quick screenplay or planning out your shots could help you determine what's going to play out in the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the idea of adding to the beginning and answering the question of what this astronaut is there for. I also like the oxygen level idea just because it adds more conflict to the story. And, yes, the duck in this story is something I'm looking forward to seeing. I think it adds an element of surprise for sure, just because it's unexpected and it's even comical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the introduction of the duck really makes the story interesting. I also really like the idea of the duck having some sort of higher knowledge (like a demi god) or something. I like the idea of tying that back to star trek or some of the sci fi from the early 70's when people were stoned so much in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea and where you plan on going with it. I think it would be cool to make the duck pretty large sense he is seen as some kind of godly being.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I thought you would continue this due to all the work you applied to it. I've got a funny idea. It would be hilarious if the astronaut had flashbacks of his life on earth and he was still in his suit. I want to know more about this guy then the obvious. There should be whimsical things in the dark side of the moon. I'm not sure if the duck should be larger because the funny thing is that the duck is a normal size duck. Continue with the grunts the astronaut makes and I can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The oxygen level idea I think will add more layers or more entertainment to the viewer. I keep thinking of the astronaut running out of oxygen and giving the duck mouth to mouth or something like that. I guess the idea comes from the wanting of the two characters to have a relationship that is struggling and then resolved or something along that line. Or maybe they become friends getting into shenanigans together on the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you could explain why he was on the moon in the first place. maybe show him on earth and his launch-explain what his mission was. If he is supposed to be a bad astronut , we need to see him almost fail his mission. maybe he was going to the moon to see what that colored disturbance was and he discovers it was because of the magical duck.

    ReplyDelete